Wednesday, March 28, 2012

FSF: Wicked


Photo Courtesy of ~

Verecundus threw himself into his uncle's parlor, sweating and spewing words that - had his mother been alive - would have been his last. He threw a mauve cushioned stool toward the bookcase, shattering the glass and books catapulted about the room. Still screaming, he reached for another stool when a small green bottle caught his eye, sitting unharmed at the back of the bookcase. He snatched it up and, breathless, read the inconspicuous label: "Large. Winged. Potion." Suddenly, Verecundus felt no need to wait for his approaching punishment and laughing wickedly, downed every last drop. 

Whew, barely got this one in! Five Sentence Fiction through Lillie McFerrin. You know you want to do this. :) 

8 comments:

  1. before commenting on your story, wanted to say I love that you used a label called "obscure roman names"! Now, your story is excellent - you have a gift McKenzie, a true gift. I have one not though...I wish you hadn't used 'suddenly'. Other than that, it is a McKenzie A+++ yet again :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say, be as specific as possible in your labeling. ;) Hehe.

      Thanks so much for the feedback. :) I will keep a watch on my 'suddenlys!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I love your quirky obsession with archaic Latin and Greek names. Sure this fella isn't a lost character from your current WIP? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange fetish... He just might have fallen out of Bria's entourage, I dunno... ;)

      Delete
  3. An original take on the prompt. Loved the picture of the bottle, a 'potion' holder if ever I saw one. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought the picture was perfect hehe. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your style so much...everything you write just comes alive!

    ReplyDelete