Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction

Lightning: 

We fly through the water, breathing in the salt around us. From above, you wouldn't be able to see us until we chose and even then you wouldn't understand what you were seeing. People don't believe we exist and we hold that to our advantage; for some secrets are worth keeping. This way, we can swim and no one ever sees but a glimpse of flashing light, like the reflections of lightning, as we go past. 

I love writing prompts sooo much! This is called Five Sentence Fiction and I found it on Lillie McFerrin's blog. Super fun stuff. This week was apparently 'Your Choice' so I just picked a word from the old list of words.

I'm in a mermaid mood. :) Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. You are an amazing writer McKenzie! This is uniquely poetic - a point of view I never would have imagined. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you paralleled the similarities between lighting and mermaids. I loved the last line of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to do this one on my blog - probably Friday, but not the Lightning prompt. I think I'll have a go at the Poison idea. :)

    Great post! I agree - I think the last line really nails it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you found a connection between two things I would never have thought to use together. I love the poetry in your words, and I hope you continue with FSF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I am in love with the first sentence. Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback. :) I'm definitely going to keep doing these, that was so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete