Friday, December 30, 2011

Welcome!

Hi.
My name is McKenzie. Welcome to The Other Side of Sorrow. This is my lovely blog that my cruel best friend forced me to start. Just kidding. I kind of wanted to start it... but this is my problemo....
I dunno what I'm going to talk about. :D
I'm literally sitting in my best friend's office-computer-school room groaning over this first post. Blogging, apparently, isn't something that comes easily. I prefer writing long complicated novels with sorry, abused characters who must go on some kind of adventure to find a better life. I do love happy endings though, lucky for them...


Um. Anyway. This blog probably isn't going to be about anything specific. I don't have some super crazy awesome inspiration to share with you, sadly... I'm not even sure how to explain the title of this thing. It came out of this awesome book that I read called, 'Kisses From Katie' (which you should read immediately). In the very last chapter of the book she talks about how all the awful things that we have to go through sometimes to finally realize how much we need, and must rely on, God. And she said that on the other side of those sorrows is this incredible joy that comes from knowing that God is ultimately in control. That, during those times of sorrow, is when she falls most deeply in love with her Savior. She says that eventually she starts to crave the hard places so that she can get to that other side - where all the joy is.


I dunno, I'm doing a terrible job of explaining this. It's something that I've got to figure out too. It just struck something inside me and I randomly decided to start a blog. Yep.
So... maybe my darling friend will leave me alone now, because I have officially written my first post. This is very scary. But so is my best friend. So. There. That's all I have to say. :)

7 comments:

  1. hi!

    saw your blog on hannah's fb page, decided to stop by... i'm guessing your "cruel friend" is hannah? ;)

    i read kisses from katie too, and i totally get the name! :)

    looking forward to reading your blog! :)

    -alyssa (godsgal4ever.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read whatever you write. And novels? Now, that's MY dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Lysa. I got here from Hannahs blog. I'm 14 and from Georgia.I can't wait to get to know you more.

    www.compassionlysa.blogspot.com :)

    ~Lysa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys are awesome. :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving me all the encouragement!! Maybe I'll get into this after all. Heh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS. You need ideas for blogging stuff? I am here to fill your brain with all sorts of ideas. Come find me at school - we'll brainstorm; and I'll fill you in on what I learned from mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new blog! I found the link from Hannah's blog. I cannot wait to see what you come up with to write about ;)
    Lizzie
    http://madefromscratch4u.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you Kenzie!!! This is amazing :) And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete